Waking up early creates more useful hours in the day. It also aligns your body with its natural circadian rhythm; 9pm to 5am should be the window for your most restorative sleep. And if those things aren't enough to keep me from hitting Snooze, my relatively traffic-free 30+ mile commute into work sure does beat the hour and a half of stop-and-go I must otherwise endure. I'm looking forward to having more free time in the afternoon when I finish my work day early, and beat that soul-crushing, wrist-wrenching, back-breaking, life-wasting traffic. (Can you tell how much I dislike traffic?)
Successful early risers plan their mornings ahead of time, and stick to a set routine. I like to eat breakfast when I wake up, so packing lunch the night before and having a nutritious breakfast on hand is crucial for me. Master your morning with this delicious and nutritious quiche, which you can make ahead of time, portion out, and reheat (just 1 minute in the microwave per slice).
|Early morning breakfast on the terrace: tomato, bacon, mozzarella quiche.|
Tomato Bacon Mozzarella Quiche!
4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
1/2 cup fresh mozzarella, sliced
1 ripe tomato, sliced
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pat butter
Salt & pepper
Make it happen:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a cast iron pan.
- Cook bacon over med/high heat until crispy, and transfer to paper towel to drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 9 eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add almond milk, almond flour, and coconut flour to eggs; whisk thoroughly.
- Pour egg mixture into pan, and add crumbled bacon and sliced mozzarella.
- Gently place tomato slices atop egg mixture, and put pan in oven.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 and bake for another 10 minutes, until firm. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
Here's a link to another favorite quiche recipe, and here are a boatload of tips on How to be a morning person. If you find this information helpful, please let me know in the comments below!