Thank you to my friend Leah for turning me on to almond and coconut flour! This quiche is gluten-free, high in protein, colorful, and delicious!
Ham and Broccoli Cheddar Quiche!
4 slices lean ham, chopped
2 cups broccoli, finely chopped
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
1-2 cups shredded 2% cheddar
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup almond flour
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pat butter
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet or cast iron pan. (If you have a cast iron, this quiche will be a one-pan meal, since you can stick it right in the oven to bake!)
- Cook onion over medium heat until soft.
- Add broccoli and sautee lightly until soft.
- Add pinch of salt, and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat. If cooking vegetables in a pan that is not oven-safe, transfer vegetables to baking dish and spread evenly.
- Spread ham evenly on top of vegetables.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly on top of ham.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 9 eggs.
- Add almond milk, almond flour, and coconut flour to eggs; whisk thoroughly.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables, ham, and cheese. Add pepper to taste.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 and bake for another 10 minutes, or until center rises slightly and firms. Don't overcook, because it will dry out! Err on the side of moist for maximum yumminess.
Let me know if you try this recipe and enjoy it! Happy quicheing! :)